Sunday, June 7, 2009

I want more Goor

I strolled the beach alone today and found myself in Jaffa. The city is basically an artists colony where I splurged and spent entirely too much money on a crocheted vest and sick belt... but discovered the Ilana Goor Museum which is a house that's nearly 250 years old. Originally, it was the first hostel basically housing jewish refugees to the area. Now the sculptor Ilana Goor lives there and turned it into a modern art museum. Besides the artist - who's in her 70s and currently traveling in the states- here are some other people I want to check out.. Links to come in the future but you can google them for now if you're even slightly interested

Hadas Levi
Jesus Soto
Adam Berg
Menashe Kadishman
Olga Woliniak
David Leviatan
Yehuda Porbuchrai
Todd Syler
Gary Goldstein
Roy Pajursky

No comments:

Post a Comment