Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HP gets 1984 on your ass

So the Oracle World convention brings an additional 43,000 people to the Bay Area every September. Computer nerds, techies and businessmen and women alike flock to San Francisco for workshops, social networking and free cocktail hours and Treasure Island Elvis Costello concerts. 

At an event I was hostessing last night at Lulu's Restaurant on 4th and Folsom St. I learned about the female CEO of Hewlett-Packard being fired as one of many let go for spying on their employees. Apparently HP is notorious for this brand of political strategizing. 

I can't speak for anyone but myself but if my employer spied on me at work I wouldn't be very productive. I'd be paranoid and neurotic that my every move was being watched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment