Friday, July 10, 2009

The Key. To

TheKey.to   

was an alternative eco and environmental event in Berlin held the same weekend as the Bread and Butter fashion conference. 

As part of the weekend I went to the event Fashion ReLoaded where I traded clothes, put stencils on t-shirts and hoodies and designed my own yellow polka dotted headband with a new friend i met from greece (shout out Marylu) 

I was interviewed by Berlin Fashion Week people but it seems since it was in English they didn't use it. Still cool to watch some of these videos though. 

As for actual purchases - I made none, I'm super poor. BUT: 
I want these sandals soo badly i'm an idiot for not getting them when I could have for 60 Euro (90 dollars). Now they're $150 online. Damn it.  Po Zu organic hemp and coconut material shoes! 
 
But the Key. To is really cool and includes a variety of companies and brands. One of the most interesting to me is 

Rambler Street Wear: Homeless teens design their clothing in their own style and name. Rambler has shirts from teens in London, Amsterdam and Sao Paulo. 

I also like Pants to Poverty - A british company that makes ethical underwear in an attempt to creatively eradicate poverty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment